Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome to Storytime ABC's!

Welcome to my blog about educational and fun Storytimes for little ones. 


Storytime ABC's actually refers to the things that I am hoping to share with you on this blog:


A is for Activities!
B is for Books!
C is for Crafts!


Connecting learning Activities, quality children's Books and creative Crafts is my intention but I am sure that there will be other fun things for us to share, too. I hope you will join in, make comments, and share your own ideas as together we explore the world of Storytime Fun


There will always be many exciting things happening here!


In fact, I haven't even posted this first blog post and a friend has already suggested that I include Snacks for the S in ABC's. Hmmm... I do have some cute and easy snacks that go along with our Storytimes. Definitely something to consider!


Before we actually get started with a Storytime post, I would like to introduce you to one of my FAVORITE "helpers" at my Storytimes:








This is my Flannel board/Magnetic board that is with me at just about all of my Storytimes. It is a BIG one so that I can use it for my larger groups. It was a BIG investment but I have been using this one for over 10 years so it was well worth the cost! 


If you are doing Storytimes for groups of children and don't have either a flannel board or a magnetic board, I really recommend buying one or making one. (I will give you some suggestions for a few cheap options in one of my future posts.)


If you are a parent, grandparent, or concerned adult who is interested in sharing learning activities and books with one or two young child in your life, I recommend using your refrigerator as your magnetic board. LOL! It works extremely well!


Now that I have introduced you to one of my favorite Storytime helpers, I will finish up this post and, hopefully, see you back here for my next one very, very soon! 


Maybe in a future post, I should give you a little background on me and why I love Storytimes so much. Would you be interested?


In the meantime,


HAPPY READINTOGETHER!

6 comments:

  1. I love that dragon on the wall! Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, rachelnk! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

    Yes, we made him with the children who attended one of our special events. ;-) His name is "Maxmillian the Magnificent". He was actually named by a child through a contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our flannel/magnetic board looks similar--and--it's on casters!! So helpful. Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sharon H! Thank you for the welcome and for visiting my blog and making a comment. I hope you will visit again soon! :-)

    Yes, it is helpful to have the board on casters. I have even taken it to a couple of local schools to use in my outreach programs. Rolling it into the school is so much easier than carrying it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flannel board! Where did you get it? I'm currently using a whiteboard that I attached felt to with spray adhesive. I'd love something like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love the dragon... did you use a template or are you lucky enough to be that artistic?

    ReplyDelete